But what happens when you lose your device or it is stolen from you? Suddenly anyone with your device can access your small businesses information. Securing your business devices is important. With the work that you do for your small business and the information that is accessed your devices can become a treasure trove for hackers and thieves. What are some things you can so to protect your information?
- Secure your device with a password. Best practice is considered an alpha numeric with special characters.
- Utilize webmail applications or use passwords on your email.
- Don't save any information to your devices memory. If you do utilize encryption software so if anyone is able to crack your password any files would appear as gibberish.
- Utilize cloud storage. The best feature about cloud storage is that if your device is lost or stolen, you can change the password or remove the device from services so it no longer can access your information making your device useless but still allows you to keep your data from getting lost.
- Utilize password keeper applications. With all of the devices and systems that we access password keeper applications are best. These are free applications where you can keep your user id's and passwords for numerous applications safe and available to you.